Peter Obi Reveals Plot To Jail Him Because He Said It’s Those In Govt That Steal Oil
The presidential candidate for Labour Party, Peter Obi was interviewed on Channels Television once again. During this interview, he spoke about Oil theft in Nigeria and how those in government want to keep him quiet by putting him in detention because he made it clear that they are the ones stealing
According to Obi, oil is not something an average Nigerian can steal easily and sell in Nigeria. He stated that to steal oil, a lot of protocols and processes are needed which involves the government.
He said, “For one to steal oil a ship has to come into your territorial water and load the oil. No ship ship can come in or leave after loading without the approval of the navy. This is where the government protocols come in.
“They want to find a way to put me in detention because I said it is those in government stealing oil. They always say Obi is causing trouble because they know those who are actually stealing the oil.
Read Also : 2023: Peter Obi Unveils Agenda, Plans Reduction Of Governance Cost
…. The Highlights….
1. Crude oil is not sweet (candy) you put in your pocket.
2. Crude oil is loaded by registered ships whose destinations are known and must be approved by Nigeria Navy…. Peter Obi
3. Ordinary Nigerians cannot lift stolen crude oil but government officials…. Peter Obi
4. OPEC approved Nigeria to sell 1.8million barrels of crude oil everyday. It was reported that Nigeria sold one million, eighty three thousand (1.083m) barrels a day. 1.8m minus 1.083m is equal to 0.717 (seven hundred and seventeen thousand barrels were sold and not accounted for)… Peter Obi
5. In July 2022, a barrel of oil was sold at $110
110 × 717,000 being stolen = $78,870,000.00 are being stolen everyday…. Peter Obi
6. Multiply $78,870,000 × 31 days in a month equal to $2,444,970,000.00 being stolen in a month…Peter Obi
Buhari is Minister of Petroleum