The coalition of Rivers State Leaders of Thoughts is a group established and peopled by opinion moulders elders and leaders of thoughts from diverse backgrounds in Rivers State who share same vision and represent informed and enlightened opinions on issues of interest as it affects the State.
In a press release signed by the covener, High Chief Sunnie Chukumele FOSHA and Secretary Hon. Josiah Onoriode on thursday 15th November, 2023.
According to the statement Rivers Leaders of thought lend their voice and contributions to issues based on the political developments and happenings in the state.
They also act as vanguards, engage in agenda setting, feedback, propagation and promotion of good governance in River State. Also represent as conscience of the peoples of our dear State.
READ ALSO : Tinubu Making Right Decisions, Says Ben Bruce
The statement reads:
Arising from the 2023 general elections in Nigeria, new governments both at the Federal and State levels are being formed, with the inauguration of the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, and State Governments where governorship elections were held. Nyesom Wike of PDP or former Gov. Chibuike Ameachi of APC.
2. That we know it as of the truth, that the faction of APC and indeed all those who followed Senator Abe into SDP for his gubernatorial ambition and election all voted for Pres. Tinubu.
3. That we want to state without equivocation that what is said to be the presidential result from Rivers State should not have been subject of controversy if the last minute alleged obstruction by the former Gov. Wike had not occurred.
4. We have further observed with utter dismay the sudden switch of interest of the former Rivers State Governor in the internal affairs of the APC which he fought against for eight (8) years with his regular face at the Presidential Villa since the assumption of office of Pres. Tinubu. This we are afraid are efforts geared to unduly influence the President by presenting himself as his main ally in Rivers State. Mr. President must be vigilant to watch the antecedence of such people milling around him today.
5. That we commend Senator Magnus Abe for voluntarily withdrawing his petition at the Election Tribunal. This we see as a generous gift and gesture to the governor of River State to settle in to serve the good people of the State.
6. That we bring to the notice of Mr. President, that the Ogoni people being the second largest ethnic group in Rivers State have never enjoyed a full ministerial position in this country since after the administration/cabinet of Gen. Yakubu Gowon, where late Dr. GB Leton served as Federal Commissioner several years ago. We see it as equitable that Sen. Magnus Abe and Ogoni people be compensated, having given up the quest for the governorship of the State.
7. We believe that appointing Sen. Abe into Pres. Tinubu’s cabinet will also be a succor to the President original followers in River State. These people should not be traded for interests and people we call the “Later Day Saints”
OUR UNSOLICITED APPEAL
From the foregoing submissions, we want to in conclusion remind Mr. President that he has been a man noted to reward loyalty at all costs. The Holy Book says that a labourer is worthy of his wage or reward.
We pray that Senator Magnus Abe’s position as Pres. Tinubu’s first and main loyalist in River State should not be swapped or short changed for another. Majority of Rivers people shall be glad to see Sen. Magnus Abe nominated by the President into the Federal Executive Council which he is about to constitute.