Nigerian States And Their Annual Internally Generated Revenue
The statistics shows that States have been ranked according to their internally generated revenue for 2021, let’s have a look at those states below.
1) Lagos: once a former Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria and the hub of Nollywood industry, it ranks number 1, it generated N753.3 billion.
2) FCT: the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria, Abuja came second place, it generated N131.9 billion.
3) Rivers: it is an oil state located in the South South Geopolitical zone, it generated N123.3 billion.
4) Ogun: this state is located in South West, it generated N100.7 billion.
5) Delta: it generated N80.2 billion.
6) Kaduna: it generated N52.9 billion.
7) Oyo: it generated N52.1 billion.
8) Edo: this state generated N42.4 billion.
9) Kano state: one of the industrialized states in the North, it generated N40.4 billion.
10) Akwa Ibom: this oil rich state from the South South generated N31.4 billion.
11) Anambra: this state is often recognized as the richest state in the South East and is known for it’s business hub, it generated N30.9 billion.
Read Also : 2023 Presidency : 5 Powerful Political Missiles Tinubu, Peter Obi, El-Rufai, Atiku Release In Northern Nigeria
12) Ondo: this state generated N30.9 billion.
13) Kwara: it generated N26.9 billion.
14) Enugu: it generated N26.7 billion.
15) Sokoto: this state generated N23.8 billion.
16) Kogi: it generated N23.4 billion.
17) Cross River: this state generated N22.9 billion.
18) Osun: it generated N21.9 billion.
19) Plateau: this state generated N21.4 billion.
20) Nasarawa: this state generated N20.7 billion.
21) Abia state: this state generated N19.6 billion.
22) Zamfara: it generated N18.9 billion.
23) Borno: this state generated N18.7 billion.
24) Bauchi: this state generated N17.9 billion.
25) Jigawa: this state generated N16.5 billion.
26) Niger: it generated N16.2 billion.
27) Ebonyi: this state generated N13.8 billion.
28) Ekiti state: this state generated over N13.6 billion.
29) Bayelsa: it generated N13.3 billion.
30) Adamawa: it generated N13 billion.
31) Imo: this state generated N12.8 billion.
32) Benue: it generated N12.6 billion.
33) Katsina: it generated N12 billion.
34) Gombe: it generated N10.6 billion.
35) Kebbi: it generated N9.9 billion.
36) Taraba: it generated N9.6 billion.
37) Yobe: N8.5 billion.