The source revealed names of 10 out of the 12 senators of the APC who staged a walk-out on Wednesday from plenary. Although, few of the 12 senators were seen walking out, the rest who sat back during the short plenary later joined the opposition lawmakers to put their names on defection list.
However, Hotmedia.ng could not confirm if they have written to the Senate President to notify him of their plan. But they have joined the opposition parties in their bid to force out Lawan before commencing the impeachment of the president.
1. Senator Adamu Bulkachuwa, (APC -Bauchi North)
2. Senator Ladi Dadu’ut, (APC – Plateau South)
3. Senator Bello Mandiya, (APC – Katsina South)
4. Senator Ibrahim Oloriegbe, (APC – Kwara Central)
5. Senator Danladi Sankara, (APC – Jigawa West)
6. Senator Sabi Aliyu Abdullahi, (APC – Niger North)
7. Smart Adeyemi, (APC – Kogi West)
8. Senator Yakubu Oseni, (APC – Kogi Central)
9. Bauchi Central Isah Hamma Misau
10. Halliru Dauda, (APC – Bauchi Central).
12 senators who have indicated interest to dump the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, after which they will team up with the major opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to impeach the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan.
It was gathered on Friday morning that after the successful removal of Lawan, the senators will move swiftly to serve impeachment notice to the president.
The same move is being made in the House of Representatives, although a reliable source said plot to remove the Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, is not part of the overall plan to impeach Buhari. Gbajabiamila’s ordeal started before the move to impeach the president began on Wednesday.
The senate has adjourned till September for resumption of plenary.